Did you know every time you eat or drink you’re either feeding or fighting disease? If you don’t recognize an ingredient, your body won’t either. If you think eating healthy is expensive, wait until you see the medical bills from eating cheap crappy food. The incidence of obesity and disease has risen over the last 30 years. Currently, over 60% of Americans are overweight. We are consuming an abundance of food with little or no nutritional value.
Food serves more than just to satisfy hunger or cravings. Food also turns on and off gene receptors that control metabolism, lifespan, and disease risks. It takes more than the occasional salad and the daily multivitamin to achieve and maintain optimum health. In other words, you are what you eat.
Here’s a recap on how to fight disease to maintain optimum health
- Establish and maintain a healthy weight
- Stabilizes blood sugars
- Reduces inflammation
- Fuels your body and provides consistent energy levels
- Supports healthy mood
Here are some money-saving tips you can do while fighting disease
- Buy seasonal produce
- Buy frozen produce if not in season
- Make a weekly menu and grocery list & stick to it
- Isolate the “trouble makers” – Apples, Bananas, and Peaches make veggies ripen more quickly so store them separately
- Line the bottom of the Crisper Drawer with paper towels – they absorb the moisture that causes veggies to go bad
- Don’t be a “fridge junkie” – store avocados, tomatoes, onions, peppers and sweet potatoes on the counter
- Only wash the product that you’re eating – added moisture from washing speeds up the mold and spoiling
- Peel and freeze bananas – great for adding to protein shakes
- Freeze lemon or lime juice in ice cube trays – great for recipes or to make your own flavored water
Optimum Health Rehab support our patients to make the necessary lifestyle changes needed to optimize their health and fighting disease by providing classes that include Healthy Shopping Tours. Take charge of your health, find out how we can support YOU.
Learn More in Fighting Diseases at Optimum Health Rehab
Call us at 877-704-1761 or fill this form to schedule a complimentary consultation at one of our convenient locations in Buford, Cumming, Grayson, Dacula, Hiram, Suwanee, or Woodstock.Wellness