Harmful chemicals are in practically every beauty product you own, and chances are, you’ve been finding yourself heading towards the natural beauty aisle more than ever. But if you’re going to shell out extra money for healthier, greener versions of your favorite products, they’d better work. After all, most of us are on a budget.
Here are some organic beauty products that live up to their promises.
- Acure Sensitive Facial Cleanser. This creamy cleanser is as good for your sensitive skin as it is for the environment. It’s Fair Trade Certified, made in the USA, and is packed using materials certified to protect wildlife habitats and prevent pollution. This product removes dirt, oil, and makeup without dangerous chemicals like parabens, irritating fragrances, or anything tested on animals.
- Intelligent Nutrients Anti-Aging Moisture. Reading the ingredient label on this age-fighting cream is like browsing the menu at your favorite organic eatery. With the help of antioxidant-rich oils like red grape, apricot, and safflower, this daily moisturizer stimulates your skin’s natural ability to even out tone and improve elasticity.
- Lulu Organics Hair Powder. It doesn’t take much to turn yesterday’s blowout into today’s flat, greasy mess. This talcum-free hair powder revives your locks with the help of essential oils (your choice of Lavender/Clary Sage or Jasmine) and certified organic ingredients like corn starch and rice powder. Bonus: a beautiful container!
- Intelligent Nutrients PureLuxe Conditioner. This surprisingly lightweight conditioner rescues damaged, dry hair with the help of USDA certified organic ingredients. The formula leaves hair smelling of lemongrass, ylang-ylang, and geranium. Formulated without harsh sulfates, so it’s safe on color-treated hair too!
- J.R. Liggett’s Shampoo Bar. This soap is created with organic vegetable oils that cleanse and condition the hair without stripping your scalp of its natural oils (doing so would just make your oil situation worse). It travels like a pro, so it’s perfect for gym bags and carry-ons. Perfect for men and women!
9 more organic beauty products without the harsh chemicals wreaking havoc in and on your body:
- Coola Classic Sport Sunscreen SPF 45. Finally, a sunscreen made with organic ingredients can stand up to the sweat of a summer workout. This one by Coola is unscented and hypo-allergenic, so even the most sensitive among us can slather on this paraben-free, water-resistant formula.
- Fig+Yarrow Nail + Cuticle Salve. The organic herbs and essential oils in this salve relieve dry, inflamed cuticles and weak winter nails. Rosemary adds an anti-inflammatory punch.
- Binchotan Charcoal Facial Soap. We’ve been hearing a lot of hype about the beauty benefits of charcoal. The special type of charcoal in this black bar of soap is naturally purifying and antibacterial, giving you a chemical-free cleanse that’ll also help clear blemished skin.
- Dr. Alkaitis Organic, Soothing Gel. The 100% organic ingredients in this gel soothe the redness and inflammation from acne, rosacea, eczema, shaving, and waxing. This anti-bacterial gel works great as a daily hydrating aftershave or an emergency spot treatment.
- Compagnie de Provence Bio Organic Lait Corporel Body Lotion. Sick of lotions that make you sneeze? Skip the synthetic fragrances and opt for this delicate body lotion made with organic jojoba oil, olive oil, and shea butter. The lotion itself is more fluid than traditional creams but absorbs fast.
- Acure Wildcrafted Marula Oil. Marula oil is a natural source of antioxidants and vitamin C, two ingredients that repair damaged skin and build collagen. The potent fatty acids allow those antioxidants to penetrate the skin faster than standard skin creams (which means fewer clogged pores and no slick appearance).
- Dr. Hauschka Rose Day Cream. There are no fewer than 30 naturally-sourced roses in every tube of this rich day cream. Smooth on clean skin in the winter to keep dry patches or to peel at bay.
- John Masters Organics Dry Hair Nourishment and Defrizzer. This product uses the power of seven certified organic ingredients to restore moisture and order to dry, damaged, and frizzy split ends. It’s also a detangler; just add a few drops to wet hair before blow-drying to fight frizz while you style.
Look for these organic beauty products at your favorite natural food store or search for them online. Want to learn more BUT don’t know where or how to begin? Call Optimum Health Rehab at 877-704-1761 or fill this form to schedule a complimentary consultation at one of our convenient locations in Alpharetta, Buford, Cumming, Grayson, Hamilton Mill, Hiram, Morrow, Dalton, Suwanee, or Woodstock.Blog