Car Accident Treatments in Georgia
There are many reasons people who have just been involved in car accidents fail to visit a chiropractor as soon as possible. Adrenaline masks pain, which can convince drivers and passengers that they’re actually uninjured. Many people involved in accidents simply don’t want to take the time out of their busy schedule to see a chiropractor, especially when they don’t believe they’ve suffered a serious injury. Others may be worried about the cost or their insurance coverage.
Unfortunately, even minor accidents can result in whiplash and other subtle injuries that you might not notice right away. Don’t assume soreness is temporary, or that your treatments will result in high out-of-pocket costs. Visit a chiropractic clinic experienced in car accident care to get your injuries properly diagnosed and treated.
At Optimum Health Rehab clinics in Georgia, our chiropractic doctors are experienced in all types of car accident injuries. We also document our patients’ injuries for evidentiary purposes and can work with personal injury lawyers to help our patients get their medical costs covered by the appropriate party’s insurance.
Let Us Quickly Diagnose Your Injuries and Start Treatment
One of the features that sets Optimum Health Rehab apart from other chiropractors specializing in auto accidents is our access to various highly effective diagnostic technologies. These include:
- TBI/Concussion testing
- Vascular ultrasound testing
Call us at 877-704-1761 as soon as possible after your accident so we can identify your injuries and develop a treatment plan to get you better.
Why Is Time of the Essence After a Car Accident?
Failure to be promptly diagnosed and treated after a car accident can potentially jeopardize your ability to collect damages. The insurance company may question the severity of your injuries or the source of your injuries if you don’t see a chiropractor quickly to diagnose and document them.
Insurance companies frequently avoid paying fair compensation to people injured in car accidents by arguing that someone seriously injured would have seen a doctor or chiropractor right away. They also sometimes try to claim the injuries people suffered in a car crash were actually caused by some other unrelated source or were from a pre-existing condition.
Chiropractors experienced with car accident injuries excel at diagnosing and documenting auto accident injuries. They can even help you find a lawyer or work with your personal injury attorney to ensure they have the evidence they need to effectively negotiate a claim settlement on your behalf.
People involved in auto accidents frequently experience long-term pain and discomfort, loss of range of motion, and may even be forced to miss work for a prolonged period of time. There are resources that can help you get the care you need without having to pay a lot of money out of pocket.
Call Optimum Health Rehab as soon as possible after a car accident so we can accurately diagnose the cause and extent of your injuries. We will then develop a comprehensive treatment plan for getting your life back to normal.
Why Are Chiropractors the Best Choice for Car Accident Injuries?
While it’s true that whiplash and other neck and back injuries are frequently caused by car accidents, that’s not the only reason why chiropractors are a popular choice for auto accident injury care. Chiropractors specialize in the musculoskeletal system and soft tissues of the entire body. They are experts at identifying and treating all types of injuries that might reduce your range of motion or leave you with soreness and chronic pain.
Better Diagnostics for Soft Tissue Injuries
Soft tissue injuries like whiplash can be difficult to diagnose. Often an emergency room doctor will take some X-rays, determine nothing is broken, and send you home with a prescription for muscle relaxers or pain medication. This might help temporarily, but it does nothing to prevent chronic pain or issues.
Whiplash occurs when the head snaps forward and back rapidly, as often happens in a car accident. This puts a strain on the neck muscles and can even cause small tears in the muscles or ligaments of the neck. Some people recover, but others may have chronic pain if the muscle damage doesn’t heal on its own.
Soft tissue injuries can also be complicated by nerve or joint injuries in the same area. For example, you might have strained neck muscles while also suffering a spinal misalignment or nerve compression from the same injury. These also may not show up on an X-ray but they can still cause a lot of pain.
At Optimum Health Rehab, we take your pain seriously. Just because your injuries don’t show up on an X-ray doesn’t mean they don’t exist. Depending on your symptoms, we will use MRIs or nerve conduction studies to get a better look at the affected area. Diagnostics can also include a physical examination where we check you for spinal alignment problems, and if we find them, we perform an adjustment.
Alternatives to Invasive Procedures or Medication Side Effects
Chiropractic clinics offer a non-invasive, non-pharmaceutical approach to injury treatments and pain management. If you want to avoid surgery or narcotic pain medications when less risky chiropractic adjustments and physical rehabilitation will do the job, then you might want to see a chiropractor first.
For example, some people suffer joint, muscle, or tendon injuries in a car accident. Often doctors prescribe rest, ice, and maybe anti-inflammatory medication at first. If this doesn’t work, they may recommend surgery to repair the joint or muscle. In some cases, we are able to help a patient with persistent pain after a car accident by using one or a combination of the following treatments:
- Chiropractic adjustment. As mentioned above, pain often stems from a compressed or blocked area of the spine. The afflicted area could be close to the source of the pain or far from it, but either way, eliminating the blockages often relieves pain and improves function. We can also adjust individual joints as needed.
- Regenerative medicine. Sometimes stubborn pain is due to an injury that doesn’t heal properly. Getting treatment sooner rather than later can help reduce the risk of a prolonged problem, but if it’s too late to do that, we may still be able to help. Our regenerative medicine department offers plasma-rich platelet (PRP) injections that go directly into the injured area. The PRP treatment is made from your own blood, which is separated into its components, one of which is platelet-rich plasma. This liquid contains compounds that promote the healing process, and we can give you the injection at the same appointment as we draw your blood – no need to schedule a second appointment. We use this option in some situations where a patient has chronic pain that hasn’t responded to other treatments.
- Therapeutic exercises. Our physical medicine specialists will create a tailored exercise plan to strengthen the muscles, ligaments, and tendons in the afflicted area. This can help support healing, improve blood flow, and increase function and flexibility. Sometimes by strengthening certain areas, like your core, you can reduce stress on afflicted joints or muscles, which helps to relieve pain and allow faster healing.
- Neuromuscular reeducation. This is a process in which we help you to retrain your brain and spinal cord to support the nerves and muscles in an injured area.
Not every chiropractic office in Georgia is made equal when it comes to diagnosing and treating auto accident injuries. Optimum Health Rehab is unique in that we offer a full range of physical rehabilitation, chiropractic, and wellness services. We also have expertise in treating low back pain, neck pain, and shoulder pain.
Our extensive diagnostics and unique collection of healthcare professionals all in one place allow us to provide exceptional treatment results to our Georgia patients.
Car Accident Injury Treatments Are Available at All of Our Georgia Locations
Have You Been Injured in a Car Accident in Georgia?
The car accident injury chiropractors at Optimum Health Rehab have the advanced knowledge and extensive experience necessary to quickly diagnose your injuries and develop an effective treatment program. Call us at 877-704-1761 or schedule an appointment online to get started. Our friendly staff is always available to answer your questions and assist you with setting up a consultation.