Chiropractic Treatment in Georgia
Are you tired of living with back pain? Have over-the-counter NSAIDs stopped providing relief, but you aren’t interested in invasive surgeries or potentially addictive pharmaceutical solutions? A Doctor of Chiropractic (DC) can help identify the underlying cause of your pain and develop a non-invasive treatment plan for pain relief.
Chiropractic medicine isn’t just a temporary treatment regimen for injuries. Its applications go far beyond injury treatments. At Optimum Health Rehab, our team of wellness specialists and chiropractors possess a comprehensive view of how the body’s many systems work together synergistically to maintain optimum health. Chiropractic adjustments can be a key component of total body care and sustainable wellness.
Our goal with chiropractic care is always to treat the underlying cause of your pain or limited mobility by developing and executing a treatment plan to restore function and strength.
More Than Just Chiropractic Adjustments
Our skilled chiropractors leverage a number of cutting-edge chiropractic techniques and technologies to provide pain management and injury care:
- Electrical muscle stimulation (ESTIM). This treatment utilizes electrical pulses to act in place of electrical signals from neurons, or nerve cells and can be used to heal muscles or provide pain relief. For muscle healing, we use a frequency that tells the muscles to contract, improving blood flow to the area and strengthening the tissue. For pain relief, we employ a different frequency that blocks pain receptors so they don’t receive signals that relay pain.
- Heat/cold therapy. People often use ice packs or heating pads at home for pain, but heat/cold therapy done in a chiropractor’s office uses professional equipment and provides a more targeted treatment.
- Durable medical equipment for injuries.
- Transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulation (TENS). This is another type of electrical stimulation treatment used to relieve pain.
- Primary prevention (PP). This is the process of acting to prevent illness from occurring. At Optimum Health Rehab, we do our best to treat the whole person, not simply one malady. When we meet new patients, we take our time asking questions and screening them for wellness concerns. We do our best to identify any potential risk factors for illness or injury, then create a plan to lower the patient’s risk. For example, we might find that a very athletic person is at risk of sports injuries, and prescribe treatments to help keep their joints and muscles healthy.
- LSO back braces for herniated discs. Chiropractic adjustments are very helpful in correcting misalignment of the spine, herniated discs, and other conditions, but pain, occupational hazards, poor posture, and everyday activities can strain weakened areas. As a result, the spine can become misaligned again very quickly. In addition to regular adjustments, your chiropractic specialist may prescribe an LSO back brace to stabilize your thoracic vertebra to the sacroiliac joint. This prevents the spine from becoming misaligned and gently guides the disc back into place in combination with other therapies.
- And more.
Using an Integrated Chiropractic Approach to Treat Chronic Pain and Acute Injuries
People sometimes mistakenly assume that chiropractic care is only good for treating:
- Low back pain
- Neck pain
- Tension headaches
- Whiplash and auto accident injuries
- Hip pain
- Shoulder pain
- Knee pain
Chiropractic adjustments also reduce inflammation. Reducing inflammation might not just help ease joint pain and tension; it could have far-reaching benefits for your overall health.
Chiropractic care is also safe for children and is a great non-invasive way to alleviate colic in children experiencing gas and abdominal discomfort. There are also studies and anecdotal evidence suggesting chiropractic adjustments can help children who suffer from acid reflux or frequent ear infections.
Studies have shown that chiropractic treatment is especially beneficial when patients receive a combination of conventional medicine and alternative therapies. Patients tend to have better satisfaction and greater relief when such an approach is taken.
Will Chiropractic Care at Optimum Health Rehab Help with My Condition?
Whether you’ve been referred to a chiropractor by your primary care physician or a friend – or you’ve just done your own research and found people suggest chiropractic adjustments for your particular health issues – give Optimum Health Rehab a call.
Our focus on wellness and the full-body health of our patients allows our team to develop comprehensive treatment plans for everything from auto accident injuries to thyroid imbalances.
What Should I Know About Chiropractic Treatments?
Chiropractors are best known for diagnosing and treating health issues pertaining to muscles, bones, nerves, and joints throughout the body. Spinal adjustment, also referred to as spinal manipulation, is one of the primary modes of chiropractic care.
Expect your first chiropractic visit at Optimum Health Rehab to last anywhere from 30 to 60 minutes. Be prepared to answer questions about any injuries or symptoms you may be experiencing and to discuss your medical history.
Your chiropractor will want to review:
- Your past injuries
- Current and past medical problems
- Medications you are taking
- Alcohol, tobacco, or drug use
- Stress levels
- Sleep habits
- Lifestyle factors such as diet and exercise that may impact your condition or treatment
Be sure to let your chiropractor know if you have any weakness, tingling, numbness, or nerve problems. The chiropractic professional will then perform a physical exam, which may include checking your spinal mobility, taking your blood pressure, and performing X-rays if needed.
You may need to visit a chiropractor two to three times a week for several weeks to adequately treat a personal injury or auto accident injury. The frequency and length of your treatment period may vary – some patients only need a few adjustments while others opt to receive weekly adjustments in perpetuity.
Is Chiropractic Treatment Covered by My Insurance?
In many cases, yes. Most major health insurance providers cover some chiropractic treatments, particularly chiropractic adjustment for back or joint problems. There is usually a co-pay, and our friendly office staff can estimate what it will be.
We do offer some treatments that aren’t always covered by health insurance, such as platelet-rich plasma (PRP) injections. In these situations, we will check to see if your insurance covers the treatment. If not, there may be other options for handling your treatment costs. For example, if your pain is the result of an accident caused by someone else’s negligence, you may be able to seek compensation from that person or entity, or their liability insurance carrier. If you’re suffering from painful injuries and think another party might be responsible, we recommend speaking with a personal injury lawyer to determine the best way to pay for your treatment. If you need assistance, our staff can put you in touch with a Georgia personal injury law firm for a free consultation.
What Makes Optimum Health Rehab the Best Chiropractic Clinic in Georgia?
Whether you have sub-acute back pain that lasts no more than three months, neck pain, or chronic back pain, chiropractic doctors from Optimum Health Rehab can help. Our chiropractors use cutting-edge diagnostics and decades of combined experience to treat mechanical disorders within the nervous system and the musculoskeletal system. We have multiple ways to test for the source of your pain, and to treat it.
Some of the typical diagnostic tools used by our chiropractors include:
- TBI/Concussion testing
- Ultrasound testing
- Range of motion (ROM) studies
- Nerve conduction testing
Once the root cause of your pain or limited mobility is accurately diagnosed, your Optimum Health Rehab chiropractor will utilize a combination of soft tissue manipulations, spinal adjustments, and other joint manipulations to provide relief.
In addition to traditional chiropractic adjustments, we may also prescribe:
- Proprioceptive stretching
- Electrical stimulation
- Hot and cold therapies
- Mechanical traction
- Therapeutic exercises
- Neuromuscular re-education
- Core stabilization exercises
- Trigger point therapy
- Pain management injections
Visit One of Our Georgia Chiropractic Clinics
Do You Require Chiropractic Care in Georgia?
The chiropractors at Optimum Health Rehab’s Georgia offices are committed to providing the highest quality adjustments and wellness services available. Call us at 877-704-1761 or contact us online to request an appointment. Our helpful staff is standing by to assist you.