Let’s start with a recap on why you won’t see wheat (white, enriched, semolina, whole wheat or multi-grain) based pastas in the Optimum Health Rehab pantry:
- The consumption of wheat flour products increases inflammation in the body
- Wheat flour can disrupt the good intestinal bacteria in your digestive system
- Diagnosed with Celiac Disease or Gluten Sensitivity
Not sure if you may have a gluten sensitivity?
Here’s a recap of some symptoms:
- Foggy Brain
- Bone or Joint Pain
- Chronic Fatigue
Try these tasty gluten-free options instead
- Spaghetti Squash Noodles – made from Spaghetti Squash – yes, THAT Spaghetti Squash!
- Bean Pastas – some of our favorites brands are Explore Asian or Tolerant – you can find them online or at your favorite healthy grocer’s
- Sobra Buckwheat Noodles – Buckwheat is NOT a grain but actually a fruit seed – the Eden brand makes a 100% Buckwheat noodle and can be found online or at your favorite healthy grocer’s
Remember to always cook any pasta al dente (when it has still has “tooth” to it) to ensure it has a lower glycemic index load!
Who doesn’t love pizza?!! Where does the OH staff go for the best tasting gluten free pizza around? No way, you say! Yes way, we say! Visit an Uncle Maddio’s Pizza Joint near you and try the best darn tasting Gluten-Free pizza around plus all their other delicious GF options too!
Share with us some of your favorite gluten free pizza and pasta options.
Get your self tested for gluten sensitivity!
Contact us on how you can find out if you too may have a gluten sensitivity. Call 877-704-1761 or fill this form to schedule your complimentary consultation at one of our 7 clinics.Wellness