Natural Treatment of Headaches
We have all experienced a headache at some point in our lives. Headaches affect about 46% of the adult population globally. They range from mildly annoying to severely disabling. The good news is that less than 1% of them are life threatening. However, even though your headache is not life threatening, it can still threaten your daily lifestyle. If you suffer headaches, you likely have tension headaches or migraines, or possibly both. There are many different types of headaches, though the two most common, tension headaches and migraines, will be discussed and how integrative care can vastly improve your lifestyle by helping you on how to relieve headaches naturally.
Tension headaches affect about 42% of people and are characterized by pain in the back and sides of the head and behind the eyes. They last from 30 minutes to several days. They are usually not associated with nausea, vomiting or visual impairments. Many people say their tension headaches start with tightness and pain in the neck and shoulders, which then spreads to their head. There are multiple causes of tension headaches, such as emotional stress, poor posture, previous injuries like whiplash, lack of sleep, and many others.
Migraine headaches can be very debilitating and take a large toll on your quality of life. Migraine headaches most often occur on one side of the head. They are of moderate to severe intensity and typically have a pulsating quality. They can last from a few hours to several days and can occur in conjunction with nausea, vomiting, sound or light sensitivity, and visual disturbances. They are often triggered by certain foods or environmental factors such as alcohol, red meat, chocolate, MSG, aged cheese, eye strain, etc.
Though different types of headaches vary in how they present, many share common threads. Headaches are often accompanied by neck pain and tightness in the muscles of the neck and upper back. These symptoms are very often caused by misalignment’s of the vertebrae in this part of the spine. This is why chiropractic care is a great treatment option for headache sufferers. In addition to chiropractic, treatment and investigation can also include dietary advice, food sensitivity testing, nutritional supplementation, physical therapy, massage therapy, and trigger point injections.
At Optimum Health some of our Services that could help you relieve headaches naturally
- Chiropractic- is a form of alternative medicine that focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of mechanical disorders of the musculoskeletal system, especially the spine, under the belief that these disorders affect general health via the nervous system.
- Massage Therapy- involves working and acting on the body with pressure – structured, unstructured, stationary, or moving – tension, motion, or vibration, done manually or with mechanical aids.
- Physical Therapy- is a rehabilitation profession that remediates impairments and promotes mobility, function, and quality of life through examination, diagnosis, prognosis, and physical intervention (therapy using Physical agents, mechanical force, adaptive devices, and movements).
- Trigger Point Injections- is a procedure used to treat painful areas of muscle that contain trigger points, or knots of muscle that form when muscles do not relax.
- Food Sensitivity (Test)- is a detrimental reaction, often delayed, to a food, beverage, food additive, or compound found in foods that produces symptoms in one or more body organs and systems, but generally refers to reactions other than food allergy.
- Nutritional Supplementation- is intended to provide nutrients that may otherwise not be consumed in sufficient quantities.
Learn More on How to Relieve Headaches Naturally
Call Optimum Health Rehab at 877-704-1761 or fill this form to schedule a complimentary consultation at one of our convenient locations in Buford, Cumming, Grayson, Hamilton Mill, Hiram, Suwanee, or Woodstock.Wellness, Food sensitivity, Chiropractic, Pain Management