Every day, we get questions about the many uses of Coconut Oil. Today, let’s explore at least 10 ways coconut oil can be used as part of your daily beauty regime.
- Dry Hands. Not to be used as an on the go moisturizer but definitely at home, coconut oilcan work wonders on your dry hands. Keep a jar by the kitchen and bathroom sink. Use it after doing the dishes or before heading to bed.
- Cheekbone Highlighter. Nothing brightens up a tired face like a little highlighter, but you don’t need store bought products to achieve the same effect. Simply sweep a small amount of coconut oil on top of makeup and leave it alone. It makes your skin glow and can be found in many natural makeup brands as they use it as a base ingredient in their formulas. You may have to try this several times before you figure out how much to use. Remember, moderation is definitely key as you don’t want your makeup to glide off.
- Shaving Oil. Conventional shaving cream is an expensive cocktail of chemicals that you don’tneed to get a nice clean shave on your legs or underarms. Coconut oil, on the other hand, is inexpensive, naturally antimicrobial, and smells divine. Plus, its skin-soothing properties will leave your legs looking hydrated (but never greasy).
- Deep Hair Conditioner. There’s a reason many hair conditioners contain coconut oil. It’s better able to penetrate hair and hydrate the hair shaft from within. Apply about a quarter-size (smaller size for fine or shorter hair) dollop to your hair (starting at your ends and work your way up), comb it, and then pile it into a loose bun. You’ll want to place a soft towel over your pillow or sleep in a shower cap. In the morning, shampoo as usual with a gentle cleanser.
- Eye Makeup Remover. Yes, coconut oil even works on waterproof mascara! Put a little on a cotton ball and gently sweep it over your eyes, paying attention to your under-eyes as well. The oil does a great job breaking down waxy, inky eye makeup, and leaves the delicate area hydrated.
- Body moisturizer. When applied topically, virgin coconut oil can speed up wound healing, and a human study found it to be effective in increasing hydration and reducing water loss in seriously dry skin. It smells delicious, is affordable, and leaves skin feeling nourished and smooth.
- Facial Cleanser. Because coconut oil is naturally antibacterial, anti-fungal, moisturizing and, according to research, great for atopic dermatitis, many women swear by its use as a nighttime moisturizer for their face, too. Try the double-cleansing method: Simply rub the oil in circular motions all over your face and neck, giving yourself a gentle massage as you go. When you’re done, wash off the residue with your favorite cleanser. (If you’re adult-acne prone, avoid this technique unless you know your skin tolerates coconut oil.)
- Shiny Hair. Smooth a tiny amount of coconut oil onto your ends to add a little shine, or on flyaways if you have dark hair. Remember that a dab will do you: Any more and your hair might appear greasy.
- Luscious Body Scrub. Here’s a little DIY beauty secret: That store-bought body scrub you save for special occasions? It’s a waste of money. That’s because you can make one yourself with ingredients you already have in your kitchen. To make your own, melt ½ c of coconut oil at very low heat. Pour it over 1 c of brown sugar or sea salt and stir well. If you have some on hand, add in five drops of your favorite essential oil or some pure vanilla extract for a scrub so fragrant you’ll want to eat it.
- Massage Oil. Many store-bought massage oils have either coconut or jojoba oil as their base. Cut out the middleman and go straight to the bottle. It’s slippery, skin-friendly, moisturizing and “stinks pretty”.
Learn More About Some Uses of Coconut Oil
Want to be in the know? Check out our previous blog posts for all sorts of information. Interested in finding SOLUTIONS to your health problems? Call Optimum Health Rehab at 877-704-1761 or fill this form to schedule a complimentary consultation at one of our convenient locations in Buford, Cumming, Grayson, Dacula, Hiram, Suwanee, or Woodstock.Nutrition & Healthy Eating, Wellness