We’re all looking for ways to improve our health, particularly in the reduction of joint pain and inflammation. Joint pain is one annoyance that a great majority of our population experiences, whether due to disease or a weekend of increased activity.
There are various herbs, supplements, and foods that can be used in place of or in conjunction with other treatments for these reasons.
To protect your well-being and your pocket-book, the following are 5 foods to aid in the reduction of joint pain and inflammation that can be added to your diet:
- Blueberries. This delicious fruit contains a variety of phytonutrients that act as antioxidants and anti-inflammatory compounds in the body. Studies have linked fruits, such as berries, to contain polyphenol compounds that have an anti-inflammatory activity that can aid in the reduction of joint pain and inflammation.
- Broccoli. Broccoli has both anti-inflammatory and anti-cancer phytonutrients that not only help relieve inflammation but which fight oxidative stress, keep allergies at bay, and have the potential to eliminate carcinogenic compounds. Enjoy them raw, lightly steamed, or chopped in salads. Pass the broccoli, PLEASE!
- Turmeric. Turmeric is very effective in reducing inflammation of all kinds in your body and helps to relieve pain. It contains several chemicals that decrease inflammation. They are similar to non-steroidal anti-inflammatories (NSAIDs) that are often prescribed for people with joint pain. For this reason, they are also recommended to people with cancer, cataracts, and also Alzheimer’s Disease.
- Ginger. Ginger is an anti-inflammatory and antirheumatic agent used in Ayurvedic medicine. Ginger extract blocks the activation of inflammatory mediators and suppresses the inflammatory prostaglandin pathway. In a two-and-a-half-year study that investigated the effects of powdered ginger on people who had either rheumatoid arthritis or osteoarthritis, approximately 75% of the patients experienced pain relief and decreased swelling. Ginger can be found in capsule form, but can also be enjoyed in cooking or tea.
- Flaxseed. Flaxseed is an excellent source of Omega-3’s. It is very important to help keep your immune system strong and fight inflammation. It is often recommended to add two tablespoons of ground flaxseeds into your diet each day. You should not heat or cook the seeds or the oil, as this will damage the Omega-3 property.
Want To Know More About Foods To Aid in the Reduction of Joint Pain and Inflammation?
For additional questions about natural and healthy ways to address your joint pain, inflammation, and overall health, call Optimum Health Rehab and Wellness at 877-704-1761 or fill this form to schedule a complimentary consultation at one of our convenient locations in Buford, Cumming, Grayson, Dacula, Hiram, Suwanee, or Woodstock.Food sensitivity, Nutrition & Healthy Eating, Pain Management