Catch Better Zzzzzz’s
If counting sheep is getting old, you’re among a great majority who have difficulty sleeping – falling, staying, or getting restful sleep. You may not be able to fall back asleep if you wake up, you may feel you need coffee all day or need to nap by noon. There are natural ways to sleep better at night! Most of us need about 7-8 hours of good shut-eye for optimum daily functioning. Most of us need about 7-8 hours of good shut-eye for optimum daily functioning.
After all, when it is terrible, so is everything else! As a result of poor sleep, besides being tired, we can be moody, perform poorly at work, have hormonal imbalances, poor digestion, and can get sick more often. Various studies have even linked a lack of sleep to an increase in diabetes and high blood pressure!
Following are some of the natural ways to sleep better at night.
- Turn the power off! – Most of us are “plugged in” to computers, email, and iPhone’s all day which send electromagnetic waves that can interfere with sleep, keep our brains turned on, and sense of awareness – think work, disturbing news – much more heightened. Begin turning the power off a few hours before bedtime to limit stress.
- Dim the lights – create a sleep-promoting environment- Keep all electronics out of the bedroom.
- Think about sleep before bedtime
- Keep Your Rhythm – Your body is built to follow a particular pattern, called a circadian rhythm. Maintaining this rhythm also controls the hormones that help influence your sleep-wake cycle. Practice getting up at the same time every day, participate in physical activity, and have plenty of exposure to outdoor light.
- Herbs & Supplements – There are various supplements and herbs that can be taken such as melatonin, chamomile, calcium, and magnesium that can help promote sleep.
Learn More About Natural Ways to Sleep Better at Night
It is recommended that you discuss these options with a healthcare provider who is familiar with their actions. It is also advised to seek professional medical help if your sleep issues have lasted for weeks-months as there may be a serious underlying factor. To assess your sleep and begin the road to regain energy and health, call Optimum Health Rehab at 877-704-1761 or fill this form to schedule a complimentary consultation at one of our convenient locations in Buford, Cumming, Grayson, Dacula, Hiram, Suwanee, or Woodstock.Wellness, Stress