In today’s modern world, CHRONIC stress keeps us wallowing in a corrosive bath of hormones. Although stress is a natural response to acute danger, fight, or flight, chronic stress means we’re unable to turn that response off. After a while, the stress response is MORE damaging than the ACTUAL stressor. Sometimes, we don’t even realize we’ve triggered the stress response but that’s exactly what happens when we worry.
What Happens to Our Bodies When We’re Stressed?
- Cell repair and regeneration shuts down – after all, your body perceives you’re in danger and its goal is to enable you to fight or flight
- All unnecessary systems shut down
- Blood Vessels are Damaged
- Brain Cells are Damaged
- We lose our sex drive – who needs to make babies, we’re in fight or flight mode
- Increased Blood Pressure
- Makes us Stupid – it affects the Hippocampus, the part of the brain responsible for memory and learning
- Weight Gain – aka Belly Fat – the most dangerous fat
- Our Immune System shuts down – constantly getting sick and leaves us susceptible to catastrophic illnesses and/or death
- Accelerates Aging – 1 year of chronic stress = 6 years of aging
What can you do to reduce YOUR chronic stress?
- Get a massage
- Take a walk
- Rhythmic Breathing
- Aromatherapy – lightly scented candles or essential oils like lavender
- Listen to your favorite music
- Power Pose
- Laugh – with friends or watch/listen to a comedy
- Drink Green Tea
- Chew Gum
- Take an Epsom Salt Bath
- Hug it Out
- Squeeze a Stress Ball
- Blow some bubbles – yes bubbles
- Call a friend
- Stop and think before you speak
- Practice compassion – be kind towards yourself and others
- Get some fresh air
Interested in Finding Out How Cortisol, the Stress Hormone, Is Affecting Your Body and the Rest of Your Hormones?
We can help! Contact Optimum Health Rehab today for your complimentary consultation and learn how to reduce stress and your cortisol levels by calling 877-704-1761 to schedule a complimentary consultation at one of our convenient locations in Buford, Cumming, Grayson, Dacula, Hiram, Suwanee, or Woodstock.
Let’s arrest that serial killer before it claims another victim…..YOU!Stress, Wellness