Chiropractor Treatment in Buford
If you are suffering from chronic pain, injury, or discomfort, Optimum Health is here to provide you with total body and total health treatments. Chiropractic treatments utilize a variety of movements and techniques to address the root causes of pain, limited mobility, and impeded nerve functions. These treatments are used to assist the body in healing itself.
Chiropractic adjustments are a form of medicine linked to many benefits, such as improved healing timelines, pain relief, reduced inflammation, reduced joint pain, and much more. Whether you’re looking for a chiropractor to help you with pain management, stiffness, impeded movement, or recovery from an injury, our goal is to make sure that we are treating the cause of your pain and executing a successful treatment plan to restore strength and function to our patients.
What Does a Chiropractor Do?
A Chiropractor is a specialist who focuses on manual manipulation of the musculoskeletal structure, usually involving the spine. With proper skeletal alignment restored, these treatments potentially reduce pain, improve mobility, and help the body heal itself after an injury.
Chiropractors typically lend treatment in cases of injury, chronic pain, and lingering health issues related to musculoskeletal or nervous system functioning. They can work alongside medical doctors (MDs) to help treat pain, neuropathy, limited mobility, and other symptoms — commonly without the use of surgery or medications. Medical doctors often refer their patients to chiropractors when they are recovering from major trauma, such as after a car accident, or when other methods of addressing lingering issues fail to bring about the desired result.
Many people also enjoy receiving regular chiropractic adjustments and follow-up diagnostics to keep them feeling and functioning better. Everyday life and stresses take a toll on our bodies, especially those with rigorous schedules or recurring physical challenges related to recovering from sports and exercise.
Whether treating an acute issue or regularly visiting a chiropractor as part of a general wellness plan, our chiropractors in Buford will lend their professional expertise to help you start feeling better and enjoying life like it was meant to be lived.
What Training Do Chiropractors Undergo?
In the United States, students interested in becoming chiropractors must complete a doctorate in chiropractic medicine. Completing all required coursework and university-level exams typically is a process of three to four years long. Schools that offer these programs are accredited by the Council on Chiropractic Education and must display their board passing rates by their graduates. Once students have graduated from an accredited college program, they must pass the National Board of Chiropractic Examiners exams. Students can expect to complete their undergraduate and doctoral programs in 6 to 8 years.
History of Chiropractic Therapy
The chiropractic profession did not begin in the United States until the late 19th century, when
Daniel David Palmer performed the very first chiropractic adjustment in 1895. The word Chiropractic derives from the Greek language translating into Cheir and Praktos, meaning hand and done, respectively. It is a form of performing special movements to adjust the human body, usually involving the spine.
Chiropractic adjustments are a holistic form of medicine linked to many benefits, such as improved healing timelines, pain relief, reduced inflammation, and much more. Whether you’re looking for a quick adjustment or need more in-depth treatments, our Buford chiropractors and our licensed staff are here to help.
Issues Treated by Our Buford Chiropractors
Visiting a chiropractor can be the key component to feeling better. At Optimum Health, our chiropractors focus on treating all patients with different health goals. Restoring alignment is often integral to the rehabilitative treatment plan for patients. We also perform comprehensive diagnostics using state-of-the-art machinery in order to fully understand what could be causing your issues and then address them effectively through regular treatment.
Some of the most common issues patients come to our Buford chiropractic offices with include:
- Low back pain
- Neck pain
- Tension headaches
- Whiplash and auto accident injuries
- Hip pain
- Shoulder pain
- Knee pain
In addition to these areas, chiropractic professionals can help to alleviate other chronic health issues or ongoing challenges you face. For example, those struggling with high blood pressure can often benefit from adjustments that restore blood flow in order to lower blood pressure, sometimes negating the need for blood pressure medications.
Chiropractic treatment also can help to reduce inflammation throughout the body. Inflammation is a key component in joint pain and muscle tension. Inflammation also appears to be an exacerbating factor, creating secondary health challenges for those with chronic conditions like diabetes or cancer
Techniques Used by Chiropractic Clinics in Buford
Chiropractic treatment manipulates the body’s musculoskeletal structure, including the spine. With the proper alignment, patients can potentially see a reduction of pain, improved mobility, and an invigoration of the healing process following an injury or an accident.
Some of the most common methods employed by our Buford chiropractic treatment center include:
- Spinal mobilization (manual therapy) uses hands-on adjustment techniques with gentle thrusting motions as well as extensive stretching and physical rehab
- Gonstead technique requires the patient to lie primarily on their side while the chiropractor addresses issues in the hips, shoulders, arms, legs, and spine.
- Thompson Drop-Table Technique can be used to safely apply targeted pressure to regions of the spine, performing adjustments that restore proper flow and provide relief.
- Activator technique methods employ a handheld device that applies gentle repeating pressure to target misaligned vertebrae as well as tense muscle and joint regions.
- Spinal decompression employs the use of specialized tables to gently stretch the patient’s spine out; often used in cases of back injury or bulging discs
- Flexion distraction, also called decompression manipulation, also uses a specialized table mechanism to gently apply a rhythmic motion to the spine, helping with issues like back pain, sciatica, and spinal disc injuries.
- Diversified techniques use firm thrusts in targeted areas and special positioning to adjust patients’ musculoskeletal systems and restore the expected blood flow and range of motion.
Full Body Treatments and Alternative Therapies Available
At Optimum Health, our Buford chiropractic clinic not only performs musculoskeletal adjustments, but also incorporates additional associated treatment modalities, including:
- Electrical Muscle Stimulation (ESTIM) — This FDA-approved treatment employs devices that induce mild electrical impulses to treat spasms, improve range of motion, prevent atrophy, and invigorate muscles impacted by a stroke, surgery, or a major injury.
- Hot and Cold Therapy — Alternating hot and cold temperatures can relieve pain and invigorate muscle functioning following an injury
- Durable Medical Equipment (DME) for Injuries — We can work with your insurer to provide you with the appropriate medical device to help you recover from injury, as well as occupational devices to help you address long-term challenges to mobility.
- Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation (TENS) — Low-voltage currents help restore muscle functioning and address lingering pain issues.
- Primary Prevention (PP) — Comprehensive risk assessments coupled with tailored recommendations from our physical therapists, nutritional coaches, and other care experts.
- LSO Back Braces for Herniated Discs — This device provides relief from injuries related to degenerative and herniated discs as well as other issues, like sciatica and stenosis.
- Proprioceptive Stretching — Therapeutic and restorative routines designed to improve balance, functioning, muscular strength, and range of motion.
- Mechanical Traction — Assisted stretching using specialized tables and devices, used in physical therapy for patients recovering from injury or dealing with chronic issues.
- Therapeutic Exercises — Our physical rehabilitation experts work directly with you during your sessions to provide the optimal mix of low-impact exercises and stretching, with the aim of restoring and improving functioning.
- Neuromuscular Re-education — When recovering from trauma, surgery, or atrophy, muscles sometimes need specialized techniques to “teach” them how to contract again properly.
- Core Stabilization Exercises — Improve the baseline of strength within your body (your core) using tailored exercises and routines, along with the use of specialized equipment.
- Trigger Point Therapy — A specialized technique combining massage with physical therapy and chiropractic knowledge in order to stimulate primary areas of the nervous system across muscles, joints, and the spinal region.
- Pain Management Injections — Non-narcotic medicines, including corticosteroids and anesthetics, are injected into the spine, joints, or affected regions in order to medically treat lingering injury while improving symptoms related to pain and limited mobility.
Our Buford chiropractors incorporate rehabilitation, nutritional counseling, lifestyle coaching, and various non-surgical, non-medicinal treatments for muscle, joint, tendon, and ligament injuries. At Optimum Health, We’re committed to helping patients restore their bodies to pain-free condition with a full range of motion.
Comprehensive Diagnostics Get to the Root of Your Health Challenges
Accurately identifying injuries is an important first step in any personal injury treatment plan. Our treatments aren’t aimed solely at managing your symptoms but at reaching the underlying cause of those symptoms.
When helping patients, some of the typical tools used in our diagnostic suite include:
- TBI/Concussion testing
- Ultrasound testing
- Range of motion (ROM) studies
- Nerve conduction testing
Get a Full Diagnosis Following Your Car Accident Injuries
For car accident patients, an accurate diagnosis and prognosis are vital for receiving fair compensation after an injury. To receive adequate damages for your injuries through a car accident settlement, it’s necessary to prove:
- The cause of the injury
- The extent of your injury
- The needed treatments to restore functioning
- Estimated length of recovery time and how long treatment and injury can impact the patient’s quality of life, profession, and lifestyle.
Having your injuries documented as soon as possible by a clinic in diagnostic technologies is often key to creating an effective car accident claim. We excel at gathering the evidence an attorney will need to document your damages and negotiate a fair settlement on your behalf.
Schedule an Appointment for a Chiropractor Service in Buford
Our licensed chiropractors at Optimum Health Rehab are here to help. Ready to set up your appointment? Call Buford Chiropractors today at (678) 714-3053 or contact us online. Our staff will be more than happy to set you up to see how you might benefit from our services.